We’re hosting a wind farm open day at Drumduff Wind Farm near Blackridge, West Lothian on Saturday 15th September 2018 and you’re welcome to join us!
We’re delighted to announce that Alison Johnstone, Green MSP, Lothian has agreed to officially open the Wind Farm at 1.30pm.
Free event, but advance booking required.
The day offers a chance to visit a commercial scale wind project, get up close to the turbines, ask questions of our team and learn more about the science behind renewables and wind power.
There will be plenty to do on the day and the free tickets are limited so booking in advance is essential.
There will be plenty to engage your mind and senses on the day:
- Join one of the ExplorerDome science shows on the day for an interactive overview of climate change, energy and wind power
- Peek inside one of the turbines and get a sense of the true scale
- Try your hand at designing a wind farm – explore some of the technical and social challenges
- Take part in a range of fun and energy related cycling activities and challenges
- Learn more about the history and ecology of the site – which used to be an open cast coal mine!
- Plus lots more – like face painting, kids zone, making a paper windmill
HOW TO ATTEND
This is a ticket only event and advance booking is free but essential. For more details and to book your ticket(s) click on the button below. This will direct you to the online Eventbrite ticketing site. Simply choose the time slot in which you plan to arrive (so we can manage numbers through the day) and follow the booking instructions: