The next round of funding for main grants from the Carraig Gheal Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund is now open with a closing date of 31st July 2020.
The last round of funding closed on 31st January. Due to the current Coronavirus lockdown, the Steering Group was unable to meet in person but instead held a virtual email meeting at the beginning of April to decide which main grant applications to approve and by how much.
All eight grants submitted were approved totalling more than £30,000 which include:
- Kilninver & Kilmelford Community Council – replacement batteries and pads for three defibrillators
- Dalavich Improvement Group – replacement doors
- Kilchrenan Village Hall – interior painting of the hall
- Taynuilt Village Hall – resurfacing of the floor and stage
- Portsonachan Village Hall – vital electrical repairs
- Kilmore and Kilbride Public Hall Committee – upgrade of doors and windows in the hall
- The Avant Gardeners – topsoil for the beds within the polytunnel providing excellent growing conditions for this season
- Friends of Kilbride – stabilisation of west gable at Kilbride Church and making safe for public access
The Steering Group also welcomed new member David Millward who is the public member representing Kilninver and Kilmelford Community Council area.
The Carraig Gheal Wind Farm Community Benefit fund is divided between two funding schemes; a micro grant scheme with awards of grants up to £500* available to individuals, constituted and non-constituted groups and the main grant scheme with awards of up to £7,000 available to constituted groups only.
* Please note that the £500 limit for micro-grants is a temporary increase from £250 for the 2019/20 year and it should not be assumed this limit of £500 will be available in the future.
If you or a group you’re involved in is within one of the five Community Council areas surrounding the wind farm (Avich & Kilchrenan, Taynuilt, Glenorchy & Innishail, Kilinver & Kilmelford and Kilmore) and would like to apply for either a micro or main grant, please contact Jennie Cowley at firstname.lastname@example.org for application forms. Further information is also available on the Carraig Gheal Wind Farm website.