GreenPower is committed to protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and protect your personal information.
Our use of your personal information is governed by this privacy notice. We will treat your personal information as confidential and in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. Your personal information will only be shared with others in accordance with this privacy notice. In this privacy notice we explain;
- What personal information is
- How we collect your personal information
- The types of personal information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- The legal basis for processing your personal information
- How we share your personal information
- How long we keep your personal information
- How we keep your personal information secure
- Your rights in relation to your personal information
- How to make complaints and how to contact us
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that tells us something about you. This includes information such as name, contact details, date of birth, bank account details or any information about your needs or circumstances which would allow us to identify you. Some personal information is classified as special data under data protection legislation. This includes information relating to health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs or political opinions and sexual orientation. This information is more sensitive and we need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information.
Any references to personal information in this privacy notice includes personal data, and where relevant, special categories of personal data
What personal information do we collect?
The type of personal information that we collect from you will depend on the service that we are providing to you or the reason that you are engaging with us. In all cases of engagement with you as a client or landowner we will collect your full name and contact details (such as phone numbers, email address and postal address) from you.
What is the legal basis of our data processing?
Under data protection legislation we are only permitted to use your personal information if we have a legal basis for doing so. We rely on the following legal bases to use your information;
- Where we need information to perform the contract we have entered into with you
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation
- Where we have your consent
- Where the processing is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in GreenPower’s legitimate interests (or those of a third party) to do so and provided that your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests. This includes processing your personal information in ways that you would reasonably expect and which have a minimal privacy impact, or where there is a compelling justification for this processing.
How do we use your personal information?
- How we use the personal information that we collect from you will depend on the service that we are providing to you or the reason that you are engaging with us.
How we keep your information secure?
The security of information is very important to us and we have measures in place which are designed to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information including but not limited to:
- Our client files are stored in our secure private offices. Access is restricted to those within the business who are required to have access to your information for legitimate business purposes.
- All data is hosted on our own secure server which has systems and protections in place to protect against both unauthorised access, and other external factors that could cause damage to your personal data. There are strict access requirements in place and access is restricted to those absolutely necessary.
- We ensure access to personal information is restricted to GreenPower employees or other persons working within GreenPower on a need to know basis.
How long do we keep your personal information?
The period we keep your personal information for will depend on the type of service / work we are engaged in. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, these include the right to:
- Be informed about how we use your personal information
- Obtain access to your personal information that we hold
- Request that your personal information is corrected if you believe it is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate
- Request that we erase your personal information in the following circumstances:
- If GreenPower is continuing to process personal information beyond the period when it is necessary to do so for the purpose for which it was originally collected
- If GreenPower is relying on consent as the legal basis for processing and you withdraw consent
- If GreenPower is relying on legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing and you object to this processing and there is no overriding compelling ground which enables us to continue with the processing
- If the personal information has been processed unlawfully (i.e. in breach of the requirements of the data protection legislation)
- If it is necessary to delete the personal information to comply with a legal obligation
- Ask us to restrict our data processing activities where you consider that:
- Personal information is inaccurate
- Our processing of your personal information is unlawful
- Where we no longer need the personal information but you require us to keep it to enable you to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim
- Where you have raised an objection to our use of your personal information
- Request a copy of certain personal information that you have provided to us in a commonly used electronic format. This right relates to personal information that you have provided to us that we need in order to perform our agreement with you and personal information where we are relying on consent to process your personal information
- Object to our processing of your personal information where we are relying on legitimate interests or exercise of a public interest task to make the processing lawful. If you raise an objection we will carry out an assessment to determine whether we have an overriding legitimate grounds which entitles us to continue to process your personal information; and
- Not be subject to wholly automated decisions which produce legal effects or which could have a similarly significant effect on you.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not wish to receive e-mails from GreenPower please respond to this e-mail with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
If you have any complaints about the way we use your personal information please contact: email@example.com. If we cannot resolve any issue you have the right to complain to the data protection authority which is the Information Commissioner Office.